Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

4 year old with fever, reddish rashes, changed position of testicles. Why?

Hello, my 4 year old grandson has been experiencing high fever of 42 deg. He also has a red rash on his body, which looked like measels and his testicles have moved right up in the scrotum close to the body. The rash comes and goes. He has not eaten anything unusual. what could this be? We have taken him to the dr and bloods have been done, but no results yet. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Dear Leon,

Various viral fevers can cause fever and a rash, as also what is called infectious mononucleosis; the latter is also a viral illness remarkable for fever of 5 or more days with redness of the eyes and tongue, rash, glands in the neck and other signs diagnostic of it. It is well that you have already consulted his doctor. Please consider sponging him frequently to bring down his fever and also use either Paracetamol or Children's Ibuprofen syrups around the clock when his temperature goes beyond 38.4 degrees Celsius.

In addition to viruses, bacteria and some other illnesses may also produce a similar picture. Do keep a close eye on him. Feed him soups and light food and give him extra fluids and rest to help him recover faster.

Dr. Taher
Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor