Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

4 year old with a bump on the wrist. Sprain? No pain. Is it ganglia cyst?

4 yr old son has recently developed small bump on right wrist , pinky side, outside. Very active, could have mildly sprained it (often get complaints of this or that hurting but never wanting ice for it, for example), and just appeared this evening. No pain, lump moves somewhat freely, is hard and seemingly perfectly round. He has no problems moving his wrist or holding on to anything. Could this be something other than a ganglia cyst?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
This swelling is looking like ganglion and as it is not causing any pain or fever or any discomfort nothing to worry. Consult your Pediatrician for further examination. Ususally ganglion needs observation and if it is causing any discomfort excision is required but recurrence may occur even after excision.
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor