Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

4 year old son vomiting with rapid heart beat, Should I be concerned about this ?

My 4 year old son has been vomiting. 4 times in the last 4 hours. He is sleeping in between as it is past bed time, but I notice his heart rate is racing when I put my hand on his chest. There is no fever. Should I be concerned about this?
Asked On : Sun, 16 May 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1830
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare magic
Give him anti-emetics if not subsiding take him to pediatrician to look for other causes of vomiting

Answered: Sat, 20 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Welcome to Hcm.
Fast heart beat in a case of vomiting could be due to dehydration if ther is no fever.kindly give him plenty of fluids or oral rehydration solution.If it persists visit your pediatrician.try to giv him sips instead of whole glass of fluid at once.If he has decreased urine, or refusal to feed or irritable go to doctor soon.
Answered: Sat, 20 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor