Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

4 year old, muffled ears, cracking sound while pulling earlobe. Suggestions?

My daughter is 4 years old and lately her right ear has been bothering her. It does not hurt her but she complains about it being muffled and having water inside. When she pulls in her earlobe, I hear a crackling sound. She does not have fever but it bothers her because she is unable to hear clear from that ear and it's almost like she has to adjust her ear to do so hence is why she pulls on her lobe. Can you please help me ?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
First thing you should understand that never ever do any thing in nonscientific way pulling ear lobe can hurts to much, the ear tissues are too tender can easily be traumatized,, there must be some kind of foreign body inside the ear,,1--Kids some time insert any thing in their ears,,2--Wax impaction,,,,3--Insects----4---Nothing,, Common cold can be cause of this, for these all, you have to see the ENT Doctor, take care of your baby have good day.
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor