Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

4 year old having persisting fever. Normal blood and urine test report. Treated with monocef and piriton. Any other options?

My daughter is 4 yrs old. She is suffering from fever for pas 20 days all tests are over, verity of blood test , urine test also chest xray etc. There is no issues found in the reports. Right now as per Dr. we are now treating her with Monocef-o 100 twice daily for past 3 days there is slight improvement. but it is not completely gone. She is getting fever upto 102 once or twice a day we are advised to give her Combiflame and with this drug fever goes down. We also give her Piriton CS. What are our options now?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
Firstly I want to know
1. how the fever starts, does she has cold, cough, throat infection, UTI etc?
2. For how many days are you taking antibiotic and how many antibiotic you have taken?
3. Is fever continuous?
4. Other related symptoms except fever?
Have she is investigated for Rheumatic Fever or not. Rheumatic fever usually occur at this age and persist for such a long period. Consult your doctor for this and go for ASO titre test if not done and other clinical examination.
I think you have been not diagnosed yet, so have a diagnosis and get treated.
Hope this will help you.
Best Wishes
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor