Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

4 year old having a skin rash on the buttocks. History of eczema. Could it be a yeast infection?

My 4-year-old son has had a weird looking patch right at the top of his buttcrack for a couple of weeks now. He has a history of having eczema . It does not seem to bother him at all or at least not that I can tell. He does still wear diapers. A few weeks ago, I tried bubble bath in his bath water. I didn t notice anything until a couple weeks ago and that was the last time I used the bubbles. The patch looks like a slightly raised area that is red and almost feels like a callous. It does have a couple areas where it appears that there are blood pixels coming to the surface of the skin but nothing has ever broken open. It does not ooze or anything. It sort of looks like goosebumped skin. I was thinking that it was just a patch of eczema but I am not sure since it is still there. Could it be a yeast infection? What else could it be?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Its unlikely to be a fungal infection as per your description and seems to be an eczematous patch only with maybe some added bacterial superinfection. You can apply a combination of mild steroidal+anti- bacterial cream over it twice a day for a week or so to cure it. Thanks.
Answered: Fri, 7 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor