Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

4 year old daughter. Body pain, passing urine in bed, not having proper food, tiredness. What could be this?

My daughter is almost 4 yrs now. She neither eat nor drink properly. She get tier soon and have body pain specially legs.
Since last 2 weeks she is passing urine in bed. she also have feeling that she need to pass urine multiple time..
during this period, she drunk glucose frequently.

Can you please help me with these two problems of tiered and urine.

Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for the query to H.C.M.
Glucose itself causes diuresis so extra urine will pass , it is sure.
Passing of urine is not a big problem.
first of all get in blood examination for C B C , sugar, or any abnormality.
Get in U/S whole of abdomen to rule out any disease in kidneys.
On e thing note down that when urine will pass in excess amount than certain essential minerals bound to pass in urine .
When there is loss of minerals from body patient will feel fatigue and tiredness ( as in you daughter's case)
Diabetes insipidus is a condition characterized by excessive thirst & excretion of large amount of urine.
Regards Dr. HET
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Tiredness in healthy 4 year old child is quite uncommon.

But child should be examined for presence of anemia and any micro nutrient deficiency like vitamins.

Leg pains are common in children especially during nights which are known as growing pains.

Simple massage or an analgesic like ibuprofen is enough in leg cramps.

Excessive intake of glucose will lead to frequent urination by causing osmotic diuresis.

Fist stop intake of glucose.

Her urine to be given for complete urine examination to look for infection, glucose, and for ketone bodies and for culture and sensitivity to look for the presence of any bacteria.

Consult the pediatrician for examination and for treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor