Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

3yrs old banged his head to the wall and now there is a dent, Is this normal ?

today my son who is 3yrs old banged his head to the wall and i cud feel a dent king of straight line at posterior head and since the i also cud feel he is swaeting at the posterior head,is this ok??pls help me,do i need to tk him 2 the dr??
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi... Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
1. How long ago did he sustain the injury??
2. Did he lose consciousness after the injury??
3. Is he having recurrent vomiting, reduced activity/drowsiness or headache??
If answer to question number 2 and 3 is yes, then it is a serious concern which needs immediate attention.
Else there is no need to panic. He may need Xray skull/Scans to look for possible skull fracture which most often do not need treatment...
Hope I have provided answer to your problem.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor