Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

38 year old, having hypertension and diabetes, ECG abnormal, LV hypertropy, heart enlarged. Second opinion required?

I am a 38 year old Male. Suffering from Hypertension and diabetes since past 7 years. I am on Glycomet GP1 and Telmax 25mg for hypertension. Recently i was asked to undergo echo cardiogram as my ECG looked abnormal. The report tells me that i have LV hypertropy. The cardiologist said that my heart is enlarged and he told there is nothing can be done. My question is should i further consult another cardiologist and take another opinion. My Trigeycerides ,and cholesterol are all normal.
Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Left ventricular hypertrophy is enlargement (hypertrophy) of the muscle tissue that makes up the wall of your heart's main pumping chamber (left ventricle).

Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is more common in people who have high blood pressure or other heart problems.

Although once hypertrophy takes place it can not be brought back to the normal size and shape but treatment with some high blood pressure drugs may prevent further enlargement of left ventricle muscle tissue and may even shrink your hypertrophic muscles.

I advise you to take proper medications and there seems to be no need to take any second opinion,however for your mental satisfaction,you may take an alternate opinion.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor