Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

37 year old with high glucose levels, erectile dysfunction. Medication?

Dear Doctor,I am 37 Year old male and i am a diabetic patient .My resent glucose reading was FBS 163/Post 360+ and almost this is the case.Now a days i am having ED problem due which i cannot long last or not at all.I don t drink or smoke .I having sex only with wife and that is the only stress buster and my pleasure.Kindly suggest effective medicine to get rid of the DEFECT Due to which i feel guilty
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist 's  Response
your sugar levels are very high- goal should be fasting 100 and pp 160
strict glucose control will improve erectile dysfunction.
and further you can take sildinafil tablet for ED , but before satarting this tablet go for cardiologist( ECG, ECHO , TMT) for rule out ischemic heart disease
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Severe uncontrolled diabetes can damage the blood vessels and nerves that control erection.Therefore even with normal amount of male hormone( testosterone ) and desire to have sex,you may still not able to achieve firm erection.
It is very important for you to control your cblood sugar levels meticulously to reduce the risk of Ed due to impairment in nerves,blood vessels and muscle functions and this can be achieved by..
Proper anti diabetic medications
Regular aerobic exercises
Dietary and calorie restriction
And loosing weight to be in required range of your BMI.

Apart from this you should have a consultation with a urologist to determine the best treatment for you which includes oral medications like VIAGRA,sex counselling and/ or use of mechanical devices etc.
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor