Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

37 year old with cerebral palsy. Suffering from seizures. On feeding tube

I am the parent of a 37 yr old son with cerebral palsy . I am looking for a local primary care doctor who address his needs. He was seizure-free until this past Aug (2012), and was just about 2/3 of his way back to his baseline, when again Dec 15 (2012), he had more severe seizures and is still hospitalized. He was intubated and surgically had a stomach feeding tube placed. He is now off the vent (and trach tube), but still has full stomach tube feeding.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Your son would require the anti epileptic drugs for a long time, most likely lifelong.

For the care of feeding tube and tracheostomy tube, you require the services of a trained nurse and a good general physician.

Neurologist review can be done on a regular basis, say once in 2-3 months.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor