Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

37 year old overweight with irregular periods. Severe mood swings. Can you suggest Ayurvedic medication for infertility?

Hi, I am 37 yrs old and a bit over weight due to which I have been having irregular periods since puberty (this time it is delayed by 4 months and i am not pregnant). I have undergone allopathy treatment for regularization as well as fertility but left in between since it was causing mood swings severely. Since i am running out of age, i want to give a final try for regularization of periods and fertility to conceive. I want to try ayurvedic medicine this time. can you please help which medicine for regularization of periods as well as conceiving. Thanks. Roopa
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear Roopa
You must have ubdergone number of tests to pin point the cause. If anything positive has come out in investigation then it calls for cure. Ayurveda will help you out of this situation as there are number of herbs which regulate periods or act as uterine tonics or cure the obstruction if any or aid proper ovulation. For seeking pregnancy perfect health of both partners is must. A detailed report is must to prescribe proper medicine.
dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Answered: Thu, 28 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. first evaluate regarding thyroid profile regarding weight gain,irregular periods.
2. since no investigations are said in history, go for USG-abdomen to rule out PCOS or any structural defect.
3. you haven't mentioned about the type of infertility,whether primary or secondary?
4. Consult with an Ayurveda Doctor (Stri Roga & Prasuti Tantra) who will evaluate your body constitution,type of imbalance and will prescribe accordingly.
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Atique Ansari's  Response

If such a patient had presented herself at my clinic I would have taken the following steps:
1.     Get the thyroid test done. ( Free T3, T4, TSH)
2.     Have her hormonal test done ( FSH, LH), CBC.
3.     Ultrasonography of pelvis to rule out any ovarian cyst.
4.     In Ayurveda the medicines that works wonders for infertility are: Shatavari, Jyeshthamadh, Triphala, Sonamukhi, Kumari(Aloes), and Ashwagandha.
5.     Also go for Semen Analysis of the male partner.

Dr.Atique Ansari
Answered: Fri, 13 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor