Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

37 year old overweight. Stopped smoking and alcohol consumption. Having chest pain. Should I be worried?

Hi, I am 37 years old and overweight . I gave up smoking 2 1/2 years ago and go weeks without an alcoholic drink. For about the last 2 weeks I have been getting these aches in the centre of my chest . They come on every now and again and sometimes last a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. I do not get them as much when I am active (working or exercising) and do not cause me real discomfort.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response

Welcome to Health care magic. This is really good that you left those habits which may become very harmful for you in near future .I would suggest you to follow a Low calorie , and high Fibrous diet. It would be great to shed those extra pounds. Include Yoga in your daily regime.

You should also visit a Physician if the pain worsens.

Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor