Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

34 years old having high fsh level. Is any medication available to increased ovarian reserve & can i conceive naturally without doing IVF ?

HI, I am 34 years old.My wt is FsH Level is 11.17,Lh is 4.15, TSH & prolactin is normal at 2nd day of menstruation. doctor said diminished ovarian reserve & advice me to do hysterosulphingogram. Is any medication available to increased ovarian reserve ? my husband also suffering from asthenospermia. his sperm motility(30%),count-120million.can i conceive naturally without doing IVF ?
Asked On : Sat, 7 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  230
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
In simple language, diminished ovarian reserve suggests that eggs is your ovaries are depleting soon and you have less time to conceive before they are completely over. More over your husband also has asthenospermia, all these situations make natural conception difficult in your case. Hysterosalpingogram is done to know patency of tubes. There are no medication which can increase ovarian reserve ( its genetically decided during intrauterine life). I would suggest you to go for 3 cycles of IUI if tubes are patent ( determined by HSG ). If tubes are blocked or if 3 cycles of IUI fail straight away go for ICSI & IVF before its too late . IVF and ICSI is best available chance. All the very best.
Answered: Sat, 7 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor