Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

34 year old having black mucus in stool with altered consistency. History of surgery for a perforated gastric ulcer

Greetings, my last 3 bowel movements have been very dark almost like a black mucus that turns the water in the bowl purple-ish. I feel no pain anywhere and it has a different (and rather unpleasant) odor than my stool prior to these last few times. I m 34 years old and about 12 years ago have been operated on for a perorated gastric ulcer just to mention about of medical history.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Are you taking any iron preparation medicine?No then
Your color of stool needs attention.As we can not diagnose by only color of stool.
Your past medical history of gastric ulcer is alarming.
Check your stool for presence of blood or pus or any occult blood.
If you find presence of it then consult your doctor.
Answered: Mon, 6 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor