Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

33 yrs old, get frustrated when trying to have sex, heart races, unable to do it. What can I do ?

Hi my name is AAAA. I am 33 years old and still a virgin , when I was young I had a few girls, whenever I tried to have sex I always got frustrated, my hearth would race and I could not do it, I gave up on girls for years, recently I met some one that I really like and she likes me, we did not get to having sex yet, iknow that I will be soon, I am dreading it, I cant sleep at night with the thought that she will run a mile when she sees what a nervous wreck I am and never come near me again, this is so frustrating and depressing. I would appreciate some advice. Thanks AAAAA
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

It is likely that the multiple negative experiences with sex has lead on to you have this intense anxiety or phobia regarding future sexual relationships. Since this anxiety is causing you a severe amount of distress and suffering, I suggest that you seek professional help.

There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you overcome your problems. So, I would advise you consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor