Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

33 years old is suffering from severe fertility

Hi doctor , i am 33 years old. i want to get pregnant but my husband has severe oligoasthenonoteratozoopermia now, but he has already an 8- year old child. what may be the cause of this? he does not smoke nor drink liquor, and never had major medications.
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
he may be normal before 8 years
the problem may be acquires also
it may be due to some infection ,trauma ,heavy drugs ,spontaneous etc.
consult good gynecologist and do reports required to find out cause.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Avinash A's  Response
hi welcome to healthcaremagic
there are many causes which can cause Drugs: Certain drugs, such as steroids and drugs to treat inflammation, high blood pressure, cancer, or depression may affect male fertility.
Genetic: You may have been born with genes that may cause infertility. A gene is a piece of DNA that tells your body what to do or what to make. Genes may affect sperm production, movement, and transport.
Hormones: Disorders in the testes may produce abnormal levels of hormones that may affect the production of sperm.
Immunologic: An immune system problem may cause antibodies to be produced that may attack your sperm. The immune system is your body’s defense system against infections and diseases.
Infections: Chronic (long-term) infections of the male reproductive system, particularly in the prostate, may affect male fertility.
Lifestyle: Smoking, drinking alcohol, and using illegal drugs may cause problems with sperm production.
Varicocele: A varicocele is a condition where the veins (blood vessels) in the scrotum are enlarged and dilated (widened).
so find out the cause and get treated
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor