Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

33 year old, ultrasound showing anteverted bulky uterus with tiny cystic areas. No fibroids or polyps. Adenomyosis suggested. Cure?

I am a 33 yr old , with below ultrasound report. Pelvic urtrasound , Uterus is anteverted bulky, uterocervical lenght = 8.4 cms, uterine cavity is central ET=10 mm. Mymometrial echotexture is hypoechoic and heterogenous with tiny cystic areas. No evidence of submucous fibroid or polyp . Endo vervical canal appears normal. Enlarged hypoechoic uterus suggestive of adenomyosis. how this be treated? Can is conceive?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query.

Treatment of adenomyosis depends on your symptoms,severity, and whether you have completed childbearing.
Mild pain can be treated with NSAID's., hormonal therapy.
Adenomysis is usually associated with endometriosis. And this decreases your fertility. But still there are chances of pregnancy.
The only definitive cure for adenomyosis is a hysterectomy, or the removal of the uterus.

Dr Nilofer

Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor