Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

198 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

32 years old female have mild mitral and trace tricuspid valve regurgitation during pregnancy ?

Hi I am 32 yrs old and 7 weeks pregnant . I have a mild mitral and trace tricuspid valve regurgitation. I am really scared that pregnancy with worsen this problem. How can you re heart pump 50% more blood volume that you have when you re pregnant? Im also afraid about giving birth . I don t want to deliver a baby then have a heart attack . I had an echo done 2 days ago. The Dr. Said everything should be fine but I just can t shake the uneasiness.
Sun, 1 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Now in recent time medical science has done tremendous progress so you do not worry,
In your case there will be team work of different specialist looking your care.
Only thing is that you constantly remain in contact with the cardiologist,gunacologist and in future neo natologist.
Do not worry,give your worries to doctors !
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....