Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

3 year old with pain while urination. Reddish penis. What to do before going to doctor?

My 3 year old son has been complaining of pain when he pees, has been having accidents and often screams when peeing especially in the morning, and frequently going. He is not circumsised and seems a bit red at the tip. We are waiting for results from the doctor. What do you think it is and how can we help him in the meantime? Its been 5 days of these symptoms.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

In the mean time give him plenty of water.

If there is urinary tract infection this will help to drain the urethra and infection.

You may also give him analgesics to reduce pain after proscription from your doctor.

Does he have other complaints like increased frequency of urination or urgency to pass urine?

Please reply in detail.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Prabhakar 's  Response
Thanks for the query. Youtr child may be suffering from urethritis, kind of urinary tract infection. He needs to be treated with antibiotics. Consult doctor, before that let him have plenty of orla f;uids specially cranberry fruit juice or tender coconut. For pain he can take simple paracetamol.
Thank you
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor