Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

3 year old with an injury to the eyelid. Reddish eye. Need to get checked?

My daughter (3 years old) hit her eye about 5.30 at daycare. She has a cut on the eye-lid and yesterday she was complaining it hurts. She slept well at night without complaints. She can still see with it and today she said nothing about pain but the white of the eye is red on the side of the cut. Is it something that I should have looked at?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

That redness on the white of the eye could be because of sub conjunctival hemorrhage.

It will take some time to disappear.

I suggest you should get your daughter examined by your doctor to rule out any corneal damage etc.

Please take necessary precautions and preventive measures to prevent such injuries from happening. Please child proof your house.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor