Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

3 year old prescribed with ammoxill for throat infection. No fever or cough. Could this be a tooth sore?

My 3 year old has been sick for 4 days. He cries all the time and says his mouth is sore but he won t show me where. I have taken him to the doctor and he was prescribed ammoxill for a throat infection. He hasn t eaten for 2 days, when you try make him he screams and it says it hurts. He doesn t have a fever or isn t coughing. Would it be a tooth sore?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.

Since your child c/o toothache,most probably child's tooth may be decayed.

Get a thorough clinical evaluation by a dentist and get the infected tooth restored or root canal treated.

Brush and floss your child's teeth daily.

Rinse mouth after every meals.

Amoxycillin syrup along with analgesics will help to relieve pain.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor