Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

3 year old having scabbing on the lips due to burn. Enlarged blood vessels with redness. What to do?

My 3 year old son i believe had some kind of electrical burn/ shock, the babysitter who was there didnt see what happened but My son who was hurt, now has scabbing starting at his lip going almost to his ear. My son says he doesnt know how it happened. Im very concerned and will be headed to the doctors soon.when i first got home and seen him, his lip was drooping down and from his lip to his cheekthere was alot of redness almost looked like his blood vessles popped. And now today there is scabbing. PLEASE ANY INFO WOULD BE SO MUCH APPRECIATED AND HELPFULFUL. ANY AND ALL ADVICE. THANK YOU
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
This is looking like scab or crust formation on the wound and deep injuries are common with electric burns so consult your doctor for further management
Answered: Sat, 8 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor