Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

3 year old having a itchy skin rash on the back. Need immediate care?

My 3 year old son has a round rash on his back. It is about the size of a dime and it itches. We thought it was a mosquito bite because that is what is resembles, but when I look at it closely, it is not. It has tiny prick like holes on it. Trying to determine if we should take him to the doctor or see if it goes away.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
This itchy lesion may be due to a fungal infection like a ring worm or a folliculitis.
But physcical examination of the skin lesion is important for the accurate diagnosis as the treatment vary for different skin lesions.
For temporary relief of itching you can apply calamine lotion externally over the lesion and consult your Pediatrician for the appropriate management.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor