Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

3 year old child with spinal fluid leak. We have been referred to a neuro surgeon for hydromyelia

My 3 yr old grandson has spinal fluid leak at the thoraic region of the spinal column . We have been referred to a neuro surgeon for hydromyelia. Should we also see a neurologist? Or other specialist? The only test that has been done was an MRI .
Asked On : Thu, 24 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
This is problem for neuro surgeon.
If there is no solution or improvement you can take Neuro physician's opinion.
ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello, It sounds like having a fistula which leaks spinal fluid from the spinal canal.This is an urgent consultation with a spinal surgeon to have it operated for a cure
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor