Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

3 year old child, having fever, loss of appetite. Taking panadol. Ponstel suspension safe to take?

Hi, please my son of 3 yrs old has been having fever since 2 days. It has been subsiding when I used panadol for him but it lasts for about 4 hours and the temperature rises again. Can I used ponstel suspension instead of panadol or what advise can you give. no other symptoms apart from that he is not eating well as usual. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  689
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for query.
As there is fever for 2 days and getting temporary relief with paracetamol,require investigation for cause of fever.
Go for Complete Blood Count for nature of fever.
Report will show the cause for fever and afterwards go for treatment accordingly.
Ponstel and Panadol are same and gives short time relief from fever.
Give him enough water and juices.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 27 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor