Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

3 year old boy, snoring voice while walking, playing. X ray shows adenoids, recommended for surgery. Suggestions?

Dear Respected Doctors,
I have 3 year & 5 months Child (Boy) since few months back we noticed snoring voice even once he is waked and playing , plus he sleeps open Mouth , visited doctors 1st he was treated for normal cold flue case but it did not helped doctors did X-ray and result Ended with Adenoids and the recommended for Surgery !
Also after Blood test they Said Child is effected with Anemia As well.

Q:1 Looking for Doctors Advise if there is any treatment to Avoid Surgery ??

Q:2 What will Happen Worst case if we Ignore Surgery ??

Q3: If we proceed surgery What are Dangerous Side effects ??

Looking forward for Advise
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I am not surprised to know that your son has enlarged adenoids. This enlargement is very normal at this age as he develops his immunity. I would like to wait for a year or so and re-evaluate the child. In the interim I would correct his anaemia and ensure that he has a healthy normal diet so that he develops immunity.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor