Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

3 months old, is colic at night, cries almost 2 hrs. Tried gripe water. Any remedy ?

Hi Doctor.. My daughter is 3 months old weighing 4.5kg is little coliky at night. She cries for almost 2 hrs but with intervals. She does this only at night.She also spits out after every feed. My baby sitter suggested me to give woodwards gripe water .. But not sure on its sideeffects.. Also i heard colicaid is also useful.. Pls suggest me some remedy to this..
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for query on health care magic
this is case of evening colic
after feeding they used to gulp some amount of air that cause evening colic.
so after feed baby should be burp . and then they should be put on prone position so that wind can be passed from above and below .
local remedies like asfoetida for application over novel
colicaid syp can also be given
dr vivek gupta
Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor