Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

28 year old with a whitish skin patch on the penis. Viltiligo confirmed. Treatment options?

Hello doctor, I am 28 year boy. I am having white coloured patch on my penis . I have consulted a doctor for this and he confirmed that it is vitiligo . I would like to know what are effective treatments available for vitiligo. This white patch is not from my birth. When i was very young (around 6 years old), my penis foreskin got stuck in trouser zip and there was some cut. I saw first sign of white patch when i was 12 years old..since then this patch has spread but slowly....what is possibility that this is just localised patch and it won t spread all over my body in next few years?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
It started at d age of 12 yrs and now you are 28yrs , as u r saying it is increasing very slowly means increment of size is probably because of your height and size increment, according to growing age, most probably white spot wont increase in size now coz it wud had spread much more if any tendency or systemic cause wud had been there.for treatment of such isolated white spot u can discuss wid doctor for PUNCH GRAFTING or split thickness skin grafting.
Answered: Tue, 8 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor