Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

27 yrs old, not enough moustache, beard in face. Any treatment required and what would be the cost ?

I would like to brief my problem. I am Sathish & 27 years Old, Still i don t have have enough moustache and beard in my face. Currently i am working in outside of India. Can you clarify to me the following questions? 1. How long it will take? I mean treatment time / days 2. there is any side effect after treatment? 3. What is the total cost of treatment (approaxmately
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  344
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Sathish,

Thanks for the query.

It is an abnormal situation you are facing. I understand your concern. Normally, the secondary sexual characters like facial hair has to appear during puberty. Since it has not appeared till now, it is necessary to get a hormonal analysis done. For getting it done, please do consult an endocrinologist to see if there is any possibility of particular hormonal imbalances.

After a proper diagnosis only, the treatment can be decided. It might be possible that you have some hormonal deficiencies. Once they are corrected by replacement therapies, your hair might grow normal. So first step to do is to get a consultation by an Endocrinologist.

Hope I have answered your queries. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you.

Answered: Fri, 16 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor