Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

27 years old female suffering from pain in arms, legs and shoulders. What can I do to get rid of this pain ?

hi, I am 27 years old. female. and I was in the ER last night. I was fine one second and the next second My arms and shoulders started hurting so badly and then it went to my legs and even my jaw. my hands went numb and my legs felt like rubber. the pain on a scale of 1-10 was a 12 for about 35 min. and it gradually got better. the ER did a ekg and it came out ok. they gave me no answers. wondering if you had any answers ? please help. I really feel like something is wrong. but today I just feel very weak. But the pain yesterday lasted for about 4 hours.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You could be having dissociative sensory problem which may need a thorough evaluation by your Psychiatrist/Neurologist. Do you get these attacks often. Are you having trouble sleeping. You need to eat healthy, drink plenty of water, exercise daily. Get 6-8 hours of sleep daily.
Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. You could be having a neirological disorder or any other medical issue but for right diagnosis your detailed history is required. I advice you must visit your GP and get yourself thoroughly evaluated. You might need a specialist in case it turns out to be a neural disorder. Wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Emily,

i'm sorry to hear about your ordeal as I can relate as I have had similar mystery ailments like the one you have mentioned for the past 8 years. I would recommend a follow up with your family doctor and request an MRI of your brain. These sound like potential neurological symptoms so it can't hurt. Additionally I would request a blood test to test your vitamin, and electrolyte levels. Vitamin D, potassium, and magnesium and other vitamin deficiences can wreak havoc on your body. Good luck to you and I hope you are able to get some answers!
Answered: Sun, 27 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor