Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

121 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

27 year old male, have high blood pressure. Should I be Worry ?

Hi, I am a 27 year old male, reasonable fit. I had a little trouble with panic attacks a few years ago which i have now got over. However I am a little worried about my blood pressure . When I am at complete rest it is around 137/80 but when I have got in after a days work which can be quite fast paced an streesful it reads 170/100. Once i have spent some time relaxing it returns to around 140/80. should i be worried? am i causing long term dmage?. thankyou in advance
Thu, 19 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
Before being addicted to PILLS try diet change. Start taking following regularly as and when possible: Beet, Carrot, Onion, Garlic, Ginger. Drink alkaline water 3l/day. In my attempt to control blood sugar (without PILLS) the related changes on eating habbit also brought down my BP from 160 to 120. It never used to be below 140. No PILLS.

Drop Processed/Junk/Tetrapack crap/Engineered Oils/Coke/Pepsi/Dominos/McDonald/KFC/Tea/Coffee. Switch to "Organic Green Tea". Do yoga. I am not a doctor but someone who has seen how diet really works wonders and now my sugar and BP are both normal.
  User's Response
Hi, thanks for the replies. I have seen my docter several times. had bloods done, ecg etc. All came back ok. She didnt seem too worried about the 140/80 reading and said this is the upper limit of normal but would need to keep an eye on it and maybe make some lifestyle changes which i am planning. I would like to know if my reading of 170/100 under stress is a normal reaction (as my docter suggested)? thankyou again
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....