26 years old male with blood pressure 140/100

26 years old male had blood pressure 140/100 after 2 days drinking alcoholic beverage
Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
hello,
alocoholic breverages dont lead to increase in blood pressure per se. and also 140/100 is pretty high considering your age you need to consult a physcian ASAP and get youself evaluated and most probably he will advicce you some edications and lifestyle modifications.
thanks

OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Drinking alcohol does not cause shooting up of blood pressure as such.It rather causes vasodilatation causing a fall in B.P. You need to get your B.P. checked again after a week or so and if again it comes at raised levels then you should start taking proper and regular treatment.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com