Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

26 year old feeling scared and stressed, tremors in the hand and leg. MRI, ECG and blood test reports are normal. Have sinus problems. Need help

Hi, From past more than a year I am having weird problem. I always feel kind of scared and stressed and find my right hand and leg tremoring making me difficult to stand. This happens for a 5-10 seconds and after that I feel good. I have done different medical tests including MRI, ECG, various blood test and all came normal. I am not sure why this is happening and how do I get rid of it. I am 26 Male. I have sinus problem. Can you help me? I am an IT professional so stress is always there. First time it happened while playing Squash. Then my friends took me to doctor and doctor said it is paralytic attack/ work in brain/TIA. Since then these words keep coming to my mind and even though I am not stressed it happens. From past few months I have tried not thinking about it and the episodes have reduced from daily to once in a week. Also, the tremor goes off with sweating. But it happens even when I am not stressed. Every morning I wake with the fear of what doctor told me. I really do not know whether I will get rid of this.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. I can understand your concern with anxiety symptoms. The symptoms suggest anxiety attacks referred to as panic attacks. I would suggest a thorough psychiatric evaluation for the anxiety symptoms. Effective anti-anxiety agents as well as psychotherapy (eg cognitive behavioural therapy) is available to manage the anxiety symptoms. In addition you can learn stress management strategies considering the nature of work from a psychological counsellor. You may also try put breathing relaxation exercises/ yoga/ meditation. Hope you find my suggestions useful.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
Dear Ravi,
Hi! One thing you have missed out in your description is that whether these episodes occur at the time of actual stressful periods or these occur when there is no stress at all. If most of your investigations have come normal and this episodes are really distressing to you, you should always consider seeking the help of a psychiatrist. It may be possible that you are suffering from a anxiety disorder called panic disorder. IN that case some medications along with psychotherapy will surely help you in this regard. And also consider getting an EEG done.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor