Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

26 year old diagnosed with intestinal TB. Recovered completely. Suffering from severe abdominal pain, vomiting. TB relapse?

Hi, My husband 26 years old, he was diagnosed Intestinal TB 3 years ago and treated with anti TB Drugs for 9 months and recoverd completely. since 9 months he has 3 time severe abdominal pain , vomiting and after taking Syrup Lactulose he became fine, 2 weeks ago he has severe abdominal pain and vomiting, we went to hospital and doctors told intestinal obstruction, after taking medicine and IV Fluids he became fine, now doctor advice to take anti TB Drugs again for 9 months, as prophlaxis, need your opinion should we start, or need to do any test?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
Intestinal tuberculosis is commonly secondary tuberculosis. Recurrence if present needs to be viewed seriously especially with associated intestinal obstruction. Was any surgery done for intestinal obstruction and how serious was it? Associated weight loss if present can support presence of a chronic disease like TB but cannot rule out other diseases.

Tests: Colonoscopy along with biopsy can help in confirmation before starting on a long regimen. Other tests include ESR, peripheral smear to check for lymphocytosis and PCR test on biopsy specimen can also be done. Biopsy would show caseating granulomatous lymphadenitis.

Wrong treatment with out confirmation and missing another maybe dangerous disease, could lead to grave prognosis.

Consult another doctor. Young age does not rule out tumors or other infections.

Hope I have resolved your query. If you have any further queries, happy to help. take care. Take an informed decision.
Answered: Mon, 2 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor