Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

25 years old suffering from rheumatoid arthritis

Hi im ezra ternate 25 yrs old, i weighed of 59.5kg my height is 5 2..diagnosed with RA my ra factor is 9.20iu/ml my esr is 77.00 mm/hr i have my result of anti ccp of 1u/ml what does it mean?
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  221
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
  User's Response
hi ezra
welcome to health care magic
The use of anti-CCP antibodies may allow the clinical rheumatologist to better predict the diagnosis and prognosis of individual patients with RA.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints.
The treatment of rheumatoid arthritis optimally involves a combination of patient education, rest and exercise, joint protection, medications, and occasionally surgery.
Early treatment of rheumatoid arthritis results in better outcomes.
good luck

Answered: Sat, 4 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hello Ezra, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Anti CCP stand for Anti- Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide antibody. Since your ESR and RA Factor suggest Rheumatoid Arthritis, Anti CCP is done to confirm it. You have very Low levels of this antibody which is less significant, which means if your Anti CCP is less than 8 U/ml it is Inactive RA. So Kindly do not worry. While the rheumatoid factor is more common in rheumatoid arthritis patients, many patients with a positive test do not have rheumatoid arthritis. Both blood tests are recommended in the initial evaluation of a patient with suspected rheumatoid arthritis. Your reports don't confirm Inactive RA but, if you have severe symptoms, you will be given treatment based on RA, which includes, Steroids, Analgesics.
If you are obese, lose your weight by regular exercises and eating healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Exercise regularly, Regular exercise can help keep your joints flexible. Swimming or water aerobics is often a good choice because the buoyancy of the water reduces stress on weight-bearing joints. Apply heat pads or cold ice packs, which may help relieve arthritis pain. Stick to your Treatment Plan and go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Sat, 4 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor