Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

25 years old irregular periods

hello doctor.... i m 25 years old....i have irregular periods from starting......i got ultrasound done at the age of ultrasound there was a cyst and doctor said that its a dissolving cyst...she asked me to drink lots of water.....i also have my thyroid test done which is perfectly ok.....i am overweight....can u suggest me medicine to regularize my has done my physical check up done and that was ok too....
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.My advise would be to go ultrasound again.If everything comes normal you please see a gynecologist who will prescribe the monthly pills for at least 3 months which works in most of the cases.this pills are normal pills used for contraception which needs to be taken for 21 days every month.bye.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It depends on te type of cyst you have, I'm afraid. Some cysts produce different hormones and according to that treatment can be started if necessary. Usually the Gynaecologist should put you on the combines OCP to get your cycles regular again, and sometimes on the Progesterone Depot injection. You need to discuss about these possibilities with the Gynaecologist and get an ultrasound done as well. Avoid taking much stress, eat right as these also influence the cycles.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor