Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

25 year old with truncus arteriosus. Surgery not yet done. What should be the further treatment? Will I be able to conceive?

 My name is Swati Jain, age 25yrs, female. I am having
heart disease named  Truncus Arteriosus (type 1) large VSD by birth.
I have not got operated till now. I am living normal life. I look
little small as
compare to my age. I have attached my reports. Please find enclosed & suggest
me about my further medical treatment. I will be very thankful to you.
Please also suggest me about my marriage whether it is possible to
have a child or not. Am I capable to do the so.
                     Your opinion is much valuable for me. Please reply.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The answer depends on the size of the defect / the quantum of shunt / Pulmonary artery pressure an so on.
Only the treating cardiologist can judge properly.
Pregnancy is high risk / surgery, if feasible should be the option before marriage..

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor