Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

25 year old having severe hair fall. Any tests to be done to find out the cause?

i m hashmeet. i m of 25yrs of age( female) n m unmarried. i have problem of extreme hairfall. i have already lost already lost 70% of my hair. i have nvr gone thru any hair treatment. my periods r regular. i use mild shampoos n oil my hair regular. still they doesnt stop. can u suggest what tests i shall get done to know the cause of hairfall. and what shud i eat to make my hair stronger n get them back. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hair fall mainly due to nutritional deficiency..,
hormonal disorders and other infective disorders..,
So evaluate it..,
Regular cleansing of hairs, take good nutrition diet,
daily Biotin tablets..,fresh fruits and vegetables will give good result
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Sudarshan's  Response
Hi jay,

Thanks for writing in.
Hair loss in your age can be due to Androgenetic alopecia or thyroid disease.
Get tested for thyroid function test and serum testesterone levels.
Hormonal therapy can help you alot in growing the hair back.
Consult a dermatologist for the same.
Hope this helps.

Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor