25-year-old female with moderately high blood pressure and rather high pulse rate

25-year-old female with moderately high blood pressure and rather high pulse rate - should I be concerned? I have a lower-management job in a small retail corp, and the season isn t quite over yet. I smoke one cigarette a day, half on the way to work and half on the way back from break. I had a problem with arrhythmia and low blood pressure as a teen, so I became paranoid and began checking my BP using a home monitor I ve checked against my mother s (a nurse) - both parents have high BP. It s the distance between the numbers that is actually concerning me, but I don t know if that s what I should be worried about. My sleep tends to be short and erratic. And my diet is generally fast food. I m just trying to figure out whether it s my habits or something else. Stats: 12/20 5:37 a 152/74 124 12/20 12:53 p 145/88 90 12/21 12:40 p 145/88 91 12/22 1:07 a 150/80 108 12/23 12:23 a 142/77 77 12/24 1:45 a 115/89 99 12/24 7:38 p 137/92 92 12/25 2:08 p 146/88 71 12/28 2:45 a 134/72 77 12/30 12:42 a 152/141 92 12/30 8:52 P 145/87 132
Wed, 16 Dec 2009