Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

25 year old female fears heart attack and has symptoms like tight chest shoulder pain and restlessness

My wife is afraid she is going to have a heart attack . She is a 25 year old non-smoker who exercises regularly and eats well. She is over-weight despite these factors (approximately 230lbs 5 6 ). She says her symptoms are Tight chest, trouble catching my breath , tight shoulder pain, restlessness in my arms and legs, slight dizziness and that they have lasted for the past hour. I think she is having an anxiety attack and needs to go to sleep (it is currently 2am). Should I have her go to the ER, or wait until the morning and call our doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  200
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Mako;
welcome to HeathcareMagic
Normally if there is no associated illness heart attack is not common in females at 25 yrs or even till menopause and the main reason is estrogen acts as a protector of the heart in females.The symptoms your wife is describing may be of anxiety but if you do not rule out heart problem by taking out a ECG at a ER her anxiety will increase.Also her weight is a factor which can be a cause for heart attack at least she will feel so.Please get her to a ER and get a ECG done if the ECG is normal then you can assure her and she will also relax as there is no heart problem.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor