Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

24 year old overweight male having breast development. How to get it removed?

i have male breasts they started devolping at puberty i was not fat at all and i was put on medications n i think that controbuted to my weight gain im now 24 yrs old 6ft2 280lbs n i have male breasts it plagues my life when i was a teenager i thought about trying to cut them off n even suicide i want to know if its possible to get them removed i believe i have back pain now because of it n my self confidence is down alot i never take my shirt off in public n its making me depressed is it possible in vancouver bc canada to get them removed for free as i dont have the money for plastic surgery
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

There is nothing to worry. The breast development in male is due to overactive female hormones. There will also be low hair growth in your chest area.
Why should you think of suicide or get depressed? You need to find a solution if there is a problem. There are plenty for this problem.
Best and healthy alternative is rigorous exercise to the chest area which tones the muscles and keep it intact. Consult a psychologist for counseling. I can help you online if you desire so.
Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor