Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

24 year old having severe testicular pain. Have epididymitis. Will micro surgical denervation of the spermatic cord help?

Yea Hi im a 24 year old male living in Maryland. Since January 8th I ve been having chronic Testicular pain (bilateral on both sides) . I saw my main doctor on January 14th he diagnosed me with epididymitis and put me on cipro for 10 days. The pain continued. I saw two urologist who could not figure out the problem I had 3 ultra sounds and one abdominal mri cat scan all came back negative. I saw a third urologist on March 4th of this year and he put me on Bactrim and Naproxen for 4 weeks. Sadly however I am still in pain, he says if I m not better by april 4th then he would give me a nerve block . However he also said that if the pain is on both sides that its not a nerve issue but an inflammation. I don t know what else to do but this pain is really ruining my life. The pain can be a dull ache or sometime a sharp pain. Please I need to know if there is any kind cure for this problem. I have heard of Micro surgical Denervation of the spermatic cord though I don t if it will cure me or not.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
use cifran 500mg for 10days :) bactrim doesnt work you will be ok
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor