Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

23 male had heavy dry cough for 1.5 yrs. Can I continue with the tables that has been prescribed for me ?

hello Dr, I am 23 male working.i had heavy dry cough for 1.5 yrs not severe all the time. I have taken x-ray and TB test. Both the tests are normal. For past two months, it is severe and when i went to my family doctor , He advised me to take the below tablets for 30days: Salbutamol - 1 for a day(1/2 for motning and night) Alday- 1 for a day(1/2 for motning and night) Do i need to take any other tests. If i continue the above tablets will it be ok. Please advise.. Thank you for your Suggestions
Asked On : Fri, 20 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Urologist 's  Response
Get an eosnophil count done...sometimes long standing cough is due to some allergy in the environment or your occupation...if the count is high, then take an anti allergic drug
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor