23 male had heavy dry cough for 1.5 yrs. Can I continue with the tables that has been prescribed for me ?

hello Dr, I am 23 male working.i had heavy dry cough for 1.5 yrs not severe all the time. I have taken x-ray and TB test. Both the tests are normal. For past two months, it is severe and when i went to my family doctor , He advised me to take the below tablets for 30days: Salbutamol - 1 for a day(1/2 for motning and night) Alday- 1 for a day(1/2 for motning and night) Do i need to take any other tests. If i continue the above tablets will it be ok. Please advise.. Thank you for your Suggestions
Tue, 7 Jun 2011