Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

154 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

23 Years old Female had club foot problem in right leg. What could be done towards it ?

Hello Doctor, I am 23 Years old Female. I had club foot problem in my right leg and got it operated when I was a Kid. But my calf muscles seem to be imbalanced. Is it possible to correct it and make it to be a balanced one ? And at times I have pain in my right calf muscles and ankle areas. What could be done towards it ?
Sat, 19 Nov 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
as you have already been operated for club foot once in early period of life .imbalanced can be corrected both surgically or with physiotherapy depending upon the imbalance. So consult good orthopedic surgeon & physiotherapist for proper management.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Vikas Dwivedi's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic
better u go n meet a physiotherapist, he/she will asses u and give u a protocol of exrcises , that exercises u have to do under the guidance of physio only.
these sort of exercises help u to balance ur muscle,
and for pain sum electrotherapeutic modalities are thr like IFT OR UST.
Tk cr
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
May be you mean to say, You have thin calf Muscles and small high heels. Kindly get yourself examined by a Orthopedist so that he can examined your Lower limbs, As they follow a Scoring system to know the severity of the clubfoot and to monitor the correction and decide upon whether you really require Surgery or Non Operative measures will help. There are various surgical options available. May be you have a Tightened Achilled tendon, the one which is Present behind your foot, Often a simple outpatient procedure is needed to release it.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I m a 23 year old female and was born with a left club food. i got it corrected when i was around 4 and now that i am older i am worried about the way it looks. i would like to know how close to normal my foot and leg can look. I have a small left calf muscle and my foot is slightly disfigured. I want to be able to wear a short dress and high heels but cant because of the way my left leg and foot look.what can i do?

doctor1 MD

I am a 58 year female with a left club foot have had all treatments and surgery and my ankle is fused. The problem is now the severe pain in the foot and also neuropothy in it. Some nights I can hardly sleep is there anything I can do to help ease the pain. I have also been very active love to swim and snorkel. I have a pool which helps with movement.

doctor1 MD

I was born with a clubfoot (right). It was corrected at that time. I have always known that my structure wasn t even just by little things I noticed. Last year I seen an orthopedic about an extreme amount of pain that felt like was coming from my pelvic and hip bone area. After examining me and doing x-rays, he discovered that I have arthritis in my SI joint on the right side to where the broad ligaments are pretty close together, which the doctor had said doesn t let something flow through (sorry that I can t remember exactly what he said) and causes inflammation. He told me this is all due to the right side of my body 3/4 shorter then my left and that all of my muscles and everything were being pulled and strained constantly. He had gave me very small things to do, and did send me to physical therapy, though wasn t able to go enough to even see if it would really work, but he told me no exercising and that included walking. His office no longer takes my insurance, so I am not sure what to do from here, but I am tired of not exercising and feel not doing anything (minus the small things he told me to do) isn t making anything better. I want to work out to strengthen everything in my body, tighten up loose skin in my mid-section due to pregnancy, tighten up in general and to feel healthy and happy, but I do not know what I can do or where to start or anything. I don t want to make anything worse of course, so am trying to take precautions and do the proper research. So far I am coming up empty. I am also curious to know if there is something I can do or that can be done to balance out my body s structure, which I am assuming will help pull the broad ligaments more apart as they should be. In case age and sex is a factor, I am 24, turning 25 in April, and am female. Any and all help would be more than greatly appreciated and thank you (to all that may reply) in advance. -Kristina

Recent questions on  Physiotherapy

doctor1 MD

hello sir,

this is Hina ,from Punjab...Actually my father had brain injury due to accident,i want to seek your suggestions regarding this case..hope it would be fine with you.....

My father met from an accident on 22nd aug,2007..he had brain injury..bone from right side of brain was taken it was fully was very serious as per doctors..according to doctors he

had no chances of survival...he was in icu for 5 months.brain was operated..the bone taken out was central portion of controls intelligence,memory etc as doctors said..he spoke by end of november..

memory was nt fine that time..but now it is fully fine..he remebers almost everything...during first year of accident he was not able to eat himself,but now it is fine..also had urine and stool problem..he

couldnt know ...physiotherapy is almost continuous from then...his right leg is affected,which doesnt hold body weight...he cannot stand on his own,cannot sit without back support..using two persons

support,we make him to sit on a chair having side and back support...for 1 year he had memory problem,irritation from family,short tempered..used to say many things to us ,if we do for pap's benefit..

but til two years stool and urine problem remained...but by some manual efforts(not exactly physiotherapy) he was able to sit without back support holding sides of bed..we used to make him walk,in which right feet was moved by us..means some activity was seen. he had some fit (not exactly fit,doctors said that brain injured patients have it because of weak nerves) in dec -ve impact was seen as such..because of no +ve results for another 1 year we consulted doctors.

doctors told that their is fluid in brain,for that shunt(dnt knw exactly:shunt,but some pipe to drain the fluid) was put in brain ,so another operation in may 2009..after that some positive results were seen

like,he came to know before passing stool..but not urine..irritation was reduced(one medicine was given by doctor)..but the activity shown in two years that i have mentioned was no more...but we found brain more irritation.. sometimes he used to say 'i will die nd al,u r not caring for me etc'..from then we have seen no much +ve results.physiotherapy is continuous..but he is still not on his own.cannot stand,sit without back support,walk etc..voice is also not much clear..

I think he prefers sleeping..he has become so efforts from his side.physiotherapy is not working...we say all day to try to get up,try to move ur right feet..but he thinks that we are doing wrong to him.

and doctors have said :in this case u can only wait..there is no other option,had checkup in pgi.said the solution to this case..such patients can be well all of a sudden,u never this really happens??

can we hope for this magic??sir,we couldnot understand what to do..3 years have passed..and we have no positive results...

now the status is like this:he can only eat himself,memory is fine..but sometimes he talk strange as'where are we sitting'(becoz he hasnt gone anywhere from three years,this question shouldnot arise,and in his own home he asks where are we?i want to go home etc..but he talks so intelligently,that listening to it u can not say that he has brain injury...

but he cannot sit without back support,cannot sit on bed cross leg..cannot stand on his own (2 persons to support) which he used to before 2nd operation atleast for 5 mins..can speak..but sometimes not properly..

physiotherapy is continuous...but no improvements as i said u before..sometimes when we ask 'why havnt u gone to office?'he says 'i will go tomorrow'..he shouldnot say this as he must know that he had accident..

i think his will has died..he never make efforts to get up..want to lay on the bed whole time...we say him everytime to get up,try to do something..but he never listens...there is no cooperation from his side during is done physiotherapist said'if u gather all world doctors then also he cannot improve,until and unless he has will to get up'....he asks for our help for even a small work which he can do himself...

sir,wat to do???is there any option??till now we have heard,just to wait in these this really??can nothing be done??how can we make him try,make efforts as his brain is not fine..everyone has tried to make him understand that he has to do proper exercise for standing,walking..but he prefers sleeping...

i really need help,need has been 3 years..and we want papa to get well soon..atleast to be on his own...what are the chances in such cases??sir,be frank to reply,eventhough it is negative ..but please do reply on this mail( YYYY@YYYY this is only till 20th july) and( hina.watts@ WWW.WWWW.WW also.i really want help..please reply whenever u get time


hina watts


doctor1 MD

I had a discectomy and I woke up in excruciating pain. A week later a laminectomy to stop the pain. Epidural injection,Morhine, Dilaudid , nothing helps. Something does not seem right. My Dr. has released me and says it will take a year to get...

doctor1 MD

My entire right arm keeps falling asleep whenever I sleep, regardless of my position. This has been happening for over a week. I have a history of both stroke and neuropathy. I am a 54 yr old woman.

doctor1 MD

Since yesterday, I have a sharp pain in my right leg at the knee, and above, and the right buttock. It s sharp, stabbing pain in the knee and buttock. Nothing seems to help it (e.g. Ibuprofen , changing position (standing, sitting, laying,...

doctor1 MD

My daughter is suffering from Erb s palsy at the right hand ... Thats due to prolonged labour and critical (normal) delivery - Doctors said. But my Child was suffering, i was crying .. she was not able to use her hand .. but there was grip in the fingers .. We took her to Vellore CMC Hospital- Hand surgery department, Dr Anderson suggested physiotherapy and there was improvement ... On her third month she was lifting her hand to an extend ... she turns 3 next October ... Now she is recovered around 80-85% ... Can someone tell me ... can this be completely cured?? Is there any advanced technology which can help the baby escape from a muscular surgery that making the muscle around C5-C8 nerves rigid / stiff ??? A million thanks for the suggestions .... -Kavitha (Bangalore) YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

Hi, My son is suffering from cerebral palsy. He is 4 years old. He is not able to sit and speak. Though he is able to smile and he understands all activities. His MRI brain is normal. But Spasticity is very high in hands and legs. He is under continuous physiotherapy but sign of improvement is very very slow. Dr s at AIIMS last yeay gave him BOTOX dose also Please advice

doctor1 MD

I hurt my tailbone almost a yr ago.i'vehad SI joints steriod injections also caudall epidural injection in tailbone. Have constant tingling pain across buttocks. Can't sit. Barely walk or stand. Going to aquatic & regular physical therapy. Would it help if physical therapist rectally aligned tailbone. She's trained. Neurosurgeon referring me to a physiotherapy dr. Help,