Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

21 year old with pain in the chest. Ultrasound showing a slightly inflamed spleen, high blood pressure. hat is causing these symptoms?

my 21 yr old son....very healthy and active woke up in the middle of the night thinking he was having a heart attack . He had an ultra sound done and the only thing that showed was a slightly inflamed spleen . He also had blood work done. this was 4 days ago, he still has a dull ache in his chest. blood work all looked normal. blood pressure slightly elevated. He had his teeth cleaned 2 weeks ago and he also lifts weights on a regular basis any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
This may be a result of lifting some heavy object that put stress on the muscles.
He is having pain due to muscular spasm or due to some inflammatory process of the costal cartiliges called as costochondritis.
He should have an xray chest to rule out any cause in the lungs. If the lungs are fine take pain killers such as Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day for 07 days if he is having any stomach issue than use Cap. Omeprazole 40mg once a day in the morning before breakfast to prevent any heartburn.

I hope I am sucessful in solving your query If you have more you can ask me.
Take care
Dr. Azhar Sattar
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor