Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

20 year old having irregular periods due to PCOD. Prescribed with benforce-m. What is the drug action?

Hi, i am 20 yrs old.. i am suffering from irregular periods for the last three years... when i went for an ultrasound scan, the reports said i ve polycystic ovaries... i consulted the doctor she gave me benforce-m for a duration of six months from now..i want to know how helpful is that tablet in my case?..what exactly does the tablet do to recover me out of my problem?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  213
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

You are on the right medicine. Benforce- M is a metformin-containing drug. It is used in the treatment of PCOD. It is very safe and helpful.

It decreases the glucose resistance in the body.

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Answered: Tue, 7 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor