Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

20 male suffering from rashes since 4 years. what is the proper treatment for it & Is there any food restriction for it ?

age-20 male sir. I am suffering from the rashes since from 4 years which starts after pinching or any stress on the skin. from past 2 years it is just bit reduced. when it got started i took a treatment for it. probably a cetrizine. what could be the proper treatment for it sir. Is there any food restriction or it can be cured itself after few years. thank you
Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Please stay away from people who claim they can CURE dermatographism or urticaria, or prescribe allergy tests, dietary restrictions etc.
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
in ayurveda we recommend haridra khand tab. allerin and gandhak rasayan. In more severe cases mahamanjishtha arisht is recommended.
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
hi, you are suffering from symptomatic dermatographism. I suggest you take tab allegra 180 mg once daily. take tab daily for a month and then see if your dermatographism has subsided or not. if not then continue treatment for another month and so. dermatographism is a self resolving problem and 70-80% patients get disease free after a 5 year period. medications are for controlling the symptoms and are safe for long term use.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor