Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

2 yr old has -2 cylindrical power, advised to wear glasses for 2 months. Will it reduce by diet/exercise ?

hi my daughter is 2yrs old. we went to eye specialist for her eye check up as she squints her eyes once in while ( say 3-6 times a day approximately) . doctor said she has -2 cylindrical power and adviced her to wear glasses for 2 months. my question is will it get reduced by diet/ exercise.? my worries are that she is too young to understand and wear glasses
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  254
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
what is the type of squint she has.eyes move inward or outward?can u give the full glass prescription they apply dilating drops n check.
refractive error(power) is mainly due to the length of the eyeball and shape of the cornea which keeps changing as the child grows.cylindrical power doesnt vary majorly as the spherical power does as the child grows.give her a healthy diet it may help in betterment of eye growth.
waiting for further details from u
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor