Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

2 years 4months old, baby left eye is squint

hello doctor, i am from mysore. my daughter 2 years 4months old, her left eye is squint. doctor told to put atropin drops for 1 month since left eye is not working. now that has improved they are saying to correct squint surgery has to be done. please tell me whether the surgery is necessary to correct squint or any other alternate treatment is there.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Apr 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  8460
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
these are accommodative squints which respond to atropine.An assessment of the refraction is to be had if there can be a support by glasses.As in case surgery can be avoided with the help of atropine and/or glasses while maintaining good vision,then thes aspects will be useful
Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

o correct squint, surgery is required. No other way. Its better to correct it early as possible. Don't delay

Answered: Mon, 12 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor